I started working on the grant to get it done for the February 1 at 11:59 a.m. PST deadline and realized it was insane to try. Even if I got everything in place, it would simply be dumb luck if we hit the right dollar amount to cover expenses.
Tuesday got rained out so I went to Antoni's in the afternoon with some stuff. He had built most of the 1:6 (e.g. "Barbie scale") model and we finished up the remaining bits.
It looked really good although he didn't have time to finish putting a skin on the third quadrant, and didn't even assemble the fourth. We put together the fourth and tried burning it. It went okay although it collapsed organically like a structure. I had tied it together with rope but the quadrants weren't weighted enough to topple and didn't fall over when the rope burned through.
I went to Antoni's and we ended up spending the afternoon building about 1/3 of the Temple of Seasons model (we made enough parts for 4 bases and built 2 of them to pretty near completion.) We're going to try burning it on Tuesday night.